Sunday, September 18, 2011

Outer skin painting continues

Today the sun was out so I took advantage of the weather to get another coat of paint on the outer skin and panels.

Before applying paint, I went over the skin with 1000 grit sandpaper, wiped clean then paint!


One surprise I had was that the can of Rustoleum Satin White I bought the other day has a new nozzle.  It puts out a LOT more paint at once, I managed to create a drippy run line on one side of the skins which I corrected later.  With that in mind, I put another light coat of paint on the panels every 30 minutes (3 times).

On the left is the new style nozzle that the Satin White paint comes in now.


"Mokey", my non-outdoor cat who adores following me around,  looks on after applying another coat of paint.
 Fall is here and the weather gets cool quick, so I brought the skins and panels inside and let them get some time under an electric heater with timer.


I went over each piece with 1000 grit sandpaper and all of the panels have a really nice, smooth finish.  One more coat should complete these.

The skin needed some 400 grit to smooth out the blobs that the heavier-spraying nozzle caused.  Then, once smooth, some 1000 grit has it all smoothed out, ready for paint.