Sunday, May 10, 2009

Styrene Octagon Port completed

A few days ago, while the weather was cooperating, I painted the pieces for the styrene Octagon Port. Here are the pieces all laid out (minus the center round piece).



I was really having a terrible time with glue, both Super Glue and the Testor's Plastic Cement.


I wasn't sure how well a hot glue gun would work on a plastic but I gave it a try. Long story short, it worked nicely....the only caveat is the stringy-residue that a glue gun can create. Just go slow and evenly, keeping that tip off the plastic material.



...and the view from the bottom, with all the tabs carefully glued into position...



Here is the finished product after the glue has hardened...



I then glued the plastic discs together to form the center piece with Testor's Cement and let it dry for 25 minutes.



After a coat of primer and a coat of Rustoleum Chrome, here's what the finished product looks like...