Saturday, May 24, 2008

Installed the skin mounting blocks on droid 2.

I didn't have much time to dedicate to my droids today. The weather was overcast, cool and windy, so painting and priming anything was out. So, I mowed the lawn and installed these great new parts that Jerry Greene offered to the local guys here in New England. (These are identical to the ones being made in a larger part run for many more builders.)

Here they are, fresh out of the bag. Note the flat side and curved side.

First one is in, notice how nicely it blends with the frame ring. Simply bolt in with the allen wrench, curved side facing where the shoulder hubs will be.

See how nicely the they fit around the hub.

And alas, all three are installed. Later on down the line, the real fun will be trying to figure out where to drill the holes in the skin so they line up with the block holes! But that is for another day.

1 comment:

  1. I started playing with my new skin snaps and was thinking about putting them on when I thought that you probably had this figured out already. So coming to you blog I had a good chuckle when I saw your comment about putting off calculating how to accurately drill the holes in the skins .... "for another day!"

    I wanted to let you know that I always enjoy your posts on the R2 astromech forum and your blog. I can relate to so many of your comments :)


Thanks for your comment...due to problems in the past with spammers and other abuses, all comments have to be screened before being published.