Monday, April 14, 2008

Working on Droid 2

Today was a fun day. I had to chance to attach several of the duplicate parts I've bought over the past few months. As you can see from the photo below, the frame is assembled, LDP is installed, legs attached as well as shoulders, shims and aluminum boosters all in place...


Another shot, showing off the leg, shoulders and booster cover...


And finally, tonight I put a little bit of Mother's Polish on the top ring and used a buffer disc on my orbital sander. It looks REALLY shiney now. I'm half tempted to shine the other rings...but caught myself asking "Whose going to see the work I've done once I have the skins and dome on?". So...I declined to go further!


Tomorrow is another off day, so I'm not sure what I'll start on next. Maybe some more skin work...maybe work on the skirt and attach the slabs to it.

Either way, its fun to have two droids at or about the same level of construction. My other frame has a sort-of functional 2-3-2 in it. This frame doesn't, its more setup for bolt-in 2 leg or 3 leg mode. I think I can mount in my satellite motors fine, I just need to locate a motor hub for them.

Anyways, that's todays progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment...due to problems in the past with spammers and other abuses, all comments have to be screened before being published.