Thursday, September 10, 2009

Filed out Rear Logic opening, bonded mounting screws and attached vent surround

This afternoon I did some more dome work.

The rear logic display didn't need too much work, just some minor filing on one side.


After testing for fit, I drilled two holes into the inner dome so be JB Welded into place like the holographic projectors will.


I hand tightened the screws for the 4-40 screws that are being JB Welded into place. Once the outer dome is bonded into position, I will not be able to access the screw heads. They need to be epoxied into place so items can be threaded in, without spinning endlessly!



A few dabs of JB Weld is all it takes. When dried, this will be sanded smooth.


And the last thing I tackled with the JB Weld was the vent surrounds. There isn't a lot of space on the inner skins for it to mount to so I opted to apply the JB from behind, so that the inner skin and vent surround will bond together. We'll see how well this works out.