Sunday, May 3, 2009

Painting the styrene pocket vents and more...

It seems the weather likes to mess with me. The days I plan to paint, the breeze is always present.

I can assure my readers that if I ever wanted to invest in a windmill, the wind would be calm! Just my luck!

That said, I was really curious to see how the Rustoleum Chrome spray paint would work on the styrene pieces. After putting two coats of Krylon plastic primer, then sanding the pieces smooth, I gave the pieces the chrome treatment...


You have to have a fine hand painting plastic, you certainly do not have to go heavy as you might with other materials.

After carefully applying 3 coats, here's what the pocket vents look like...


Now had it not been for the glue ozzing through on the right pocket vent pocket area, I think you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.