Here's the bit...
This looks worse than it really is, those black streaks are from all the paint, dust and debris being shot out.
The area between the utility arms came out really good, as did other areas. Again, I'm not looking for perfection. But before I throw primer and paint on the skins again, I'd like those between-panel areas to be cleaned up. Just adding more paint in there will eventually hide the recessed areas.
I then took this plastic brush, also something for polishing, and used it to clean up whatever the wire one couldn't clean out. It didnt fit into the groove as well, but with some work, it did clean a lot of junk out.
All that remains to do now is the areas I couldn't hit with the power sander. Inside the door areas and places like the panel next to the coin slot (see photo).
With that work done, I put the mouse sander back to work. I did a quick once over with 120 grit, then put the 220 on. After cleaning up around all the edges I had worked on, the skins are starting to look good again.
I also noticed a few "open" areas that didn't get enough 3M Spray Glue when I bonded the skins. Once the sanding is done, I'll spend a little time with the Crazy Glue and some clamps to close up those gaps.
The weather forecast didn't allow me to paint this week but the good news is that my case of Rustoleum Metallic Purple arrived today! I'll go pick it up next week.