Tuesday, February 6, 2007

More Dome Sanding

Well today I'm home sick for the second day in a row. Yuck, I hate having the cold much less when it gets into your chest. So, I feel terrible but I wanted to inch along and make some progress on R2-D2

Tonight I spent about 45 minutes using the 800 grit sandpaper, removing the "spine" lines that are there. Using the method Chris Simmonds showed me, you go around the dome with 800 grit sandpaper, wet sanding your way around. Once you have the lines sanded out, then you can proceed to the 1000 grit paper. With that, we'll get a dull shine. We aren't going for a "chromey" effect.

As you can see, I have a few more passes to go with 800 grit. But progress, none the less.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment...due to problems in the past with spammers and other abuses, all comments have to be screened before being published.