Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More on the gripper claw, prepping for the CPU Arm version 2.0

Tonight I spent some time reviewing how to fit the gripper arm into the body so that it opens straight ahead.  After a lot of adjusting, pondering and re-thinking....it looks like the best solution will be to remove the breadpan entirely.

The sides of the bread pan either rub the arm or the servo on the claw.  The next step will be to attach the front skin and see how this alignment works without the breadpan.

 The front skins are being worked on right now...trying to remove the crooked hinge still, so I'll have to wait a bit to check out the fit with and without the breadpans.

Meanwhile, I wanted to get the cpu interface arm dismantled so I could examine it...


Here you can see the original setup i had using plumbing pieces.  In the foreground you can see the linear actuator I want to use.


 It took a few good tugs with a set of pliers to get all the plumbing and tubing I had inside the cpu arm.  

Next it was time to visually size everything up.  It looks like once I hollow out the cpu arm a bit to fit the actuator, everything to go together fairly smoothly.


The trick, of course, is making a square piece fit in a round hole.  

Always a challenge, this one.... (Yoda voice)