Tuesday, June 29, 2010

R2's visit to the Abraham Lincoln School

Back on June 2nd, R2-D2 and I were invited to visit Shelly Morin's 1st Grade Class at the Abraham Lincoln Elementary School.  The kids had been learning about inventions and all the obstacles it takes to make one work.

Today I received an email from Shelly, letting me know we had the OK to publish the pictures.  She also wrote...

The kids just loved having you come in with R2.  They talked about it as one of the favorite activities of the year.  Mr. Armstrong and I wrote an artice that will come out in our Bangor School Department paper "The Communique."  I will be sure to send you a copy.  I really can't thank you enough, I think I was just as excited as the kids!
 The kids had a lot of good questions, asking about how long it took to build, what he's made of and....my personal favorite, is Paul a Jedi Knight?


Here's some photos!




I had a great time, as did R2!  All of the kids got their pictures taken with R2-D2 before they had to head back to class.