Monday, August 10, 2009

Back Panel trim pieces attached!

This afternoon, I had to refer to the Hasbro Interactive R2-D2 to check how the back panel details are spaced out. Kudos to Hasbro for making such a well detailed R2! (I then turned it loose on the basement floor, where it took turns chasing the cats, then being chased. Sometimes I wonder how intelligent these robots really are!)

Once I was happy with the placement of the trim pieces, I clamped them in place...well, the ones I could...

I then used a pencil to trace the inside borders of the trim pieces... so...

I mixed up some JB Weld and took my time using a popsickle stick to lightly dribble a thin line of the adhesive just behind the pencil line. The sides I could clamp, I did....the others, I taped with painter's tape. I also used a razor blade to try to clean up any excess to minimize using the dremel for cleanup!

This should be dry and ready for prime and paint soon! Rear panel almost done, just more detail pieces and figuring out the best way to affix the door to the frame.