Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Installing a servo mount

Tonight I thought I would try a new approach to mounting a servo onto the skins.

Using some of the plastic velcro I tried last time, I sliced off about a 1/2 inch of it.

I lined up a conductor block I found at Home Depot where the servo sits, marked off the screw eyes from the servo on the block, then fired up the drill press. I drilled then tapped the holes for 4-40 thread screws.

I layed the block into position then checked that the holes line up with the servo tabs. This should work fine.

With everything in place, I mixed some JB Weld and placed a dab on the skins, then laid the mounting block into the desired position. I'll leave this to dry overnight before moving on.